Saturday, August 21, 2010

Catching Up...

I've been so busy this past week with school orientations, school registrations, doctors appointments, you name it we've pretty much had to do it this past week. With that said, there has been very little time to sit down and blog. But, ahh as I sit here in a hotel room at 3:38am awake not because of my children but instead because of our neighbors in room 211 who are extremely loud I thought I my as well take a moment to blog. I've got nothing better to do, except for maybe sleep but that's not happening. This past week I've found a few deals around town and I apologize because by the time you get around to reading this these deals will most likely be expired :(

Payless Shoes: Otis and Reagan were in need of some new tennis shoes for school. Payless has a Buy One Get One 1/2 off Sale going on through 9/6/10 and I received a flyer in the mail from Payless for 20% off my total purchase that could be combined with the B1G1 1/2 off Sale. Monday we made a trip to Payless with $20 in hand - my mission was $20/2 pairs of shoes. Well I knocked this one out of the park. Reagan found a pair of Dora Tennis Shoes regular price $17.99 marked down to $11.99 and Otis found a pair of Nickelodeon Slime Tennis Shoes regular price $22.99 marked down to $7.00. Otis' shoes were then marked down to $3.50 with the B1G1 1/2 off sale and on top of that 20% was taken off our total purchase. With tax I paid $13.01 for TWO pairs of NEW shoes :) Based on the regular prices of these shoes I saved 70%!!
Reagan's Dora Shoes
Otis' Nickelodeon Slime Shoes

Dollar General: I've stepped foot inside one 3 times in my life. There is one located in Lomira which is about 1/2 way between Oshkosh and Milwaukee. This exit is often the 1/2 way meeting place I meet my family when my youngest sister or my nephews come to stay with us. My family is never on time so we've burned time walking around the Dollar General a few times.
Anyways, every Sunday there is an ad in the paper for Dollar General and I never bother looking at it, the closest ones to Oshkosh are either Omro or Appleton. This week the Wisk or ALL detergent on the front page of it for $3 (orig price $5.50) DID catch my eye. Especially when I knew I had $1/1 coupons for ALL. I did some searching online to see if I couldn't find a few more printable coupons for either Wisk or ALL to make it worth my trip for detergent. Who am I kidding I would have made the trip either way - $3 is a steal, you can't even get generic detergent for that price and we were down to just a 1/2 bottle left and we're a family of 7...who does a lot of laundry. Yes, I've thought about making our own but honestly I just don't have the time :( Not only did I find myself 3 printable coupons I also found out that Dollar General had a $5 off $25 purchase 2 day coupon featured on Facebook if you 'liked' them. Before I continue on with my shopping trip I'll share with you that there are many ways to search for coupons/discounts online. My favorite way and personally I think the easiest way is using Coupon Database and you can find access to it HERE @ Money Saving Mom's Blog. With coupons in hand we made a trip to Appleton (Omro is closer but we killed two birds with one stone and shopped at CVS too while we were out there).


(2) 60oz ALL (3) 50oz Wisk @ $3/each = $15
Training Pants (Generic Pull Ups) = $7.75
(2) 6pk of Diet Dr Pepper @ $1.50/each = $3
Total before tax = $25.75

Coupons I used:
$5/$25 Dollar General FB Coupon
(2) $1/1 ALL coupons found HERE
(3) $1/1 Wisk coupons found HERE and/or HERE

Final Cost $15.75 +tax Savings of 58% off the regular prices :)
The breakdown cost for each item after coupons...ALL & Wisk $1.42/each, Training Pants $6.25 and Dr Pepper $1.21/each

CVS: Ahh, I love this store and can't wait till we get one in Oshkosh :) Here's what I got...I think we have 6 of these Gillette Shavers already...but buying a new shaver for $0.99/after coupons and ECB's is WAY cheaper than buying the refills for these things :)

Gillette Fusion Proglide Shaver $9.99 (receive a $5 ECB with purchase)
Used $4/1 coupon from 8/1 P&G Coupon Insert
Final Cost = $0.99 after ECB

(4) Right Guard (2) Dry Idea $4.49/each
On sale for B1G1 FREE and paired this sale with (3) B1G1 FREE Right Guard or Dry Idea coupons found in the 7/25 RedPlum Coupon Insert
Final Cost = 6 for FREE

I paid $5.99 before tax out of pocket and walked out with a $5 ECB to use towards my next purchase at CVS :)

Target: More FREE pens :)

(8) BIC Pens $0.99/each
Used (4) $1/2 coupons from Target's Website (no longer available) and stacked those with (4) $1/2 manufacturer coupons found HERE
Final Cost: 8 pkgs for FREE (the register automatically adjusted the price of these coupons and didn't allow overage)

(2) Shout Wipe & Go Travel Size $0.97/each
Used $2/2 coupon from the 8/8 Smartsource Coupon Insert
Final Cost: 2 FREE (the register automatically adjusted the price of this coupon and didn't allow overage)

Target Total: FREE!!

What kind of deals have you found this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment