Saturday, August 14, 2010

80% Savings at Walmart

I'd have to say Back To School shopping is like Christmas to me :) I loved it as a kid and still do today as an adult. I've been picking up school supplies here and there over the past few weeks as they've come on sale. All I had left to get were disinfectant wipes and a 3 ring binder. Being that these are not typical 'sale' items I decided I'd finish up school supply shopping today. I also had a HUGE stack of coupons just waiting for a trip to Walmart. My purchases today consisted of 43 items..subtotal of $44.72..after coupons I paid $8.96 out of pocket for a total of 80% savings on this shopping trip :)
I tried to upload a pic of my receipt but it's too fuzzy and you can't read the numbers...but I've got it if you really wanted to see it :)

Here's what I got...


Seventh Generation Disinfectant Wipes
$2.97 - Used a $1/1 coupon I received from a Healthy Baby Home Party
Final Cost...$1.97

(10) Super Sticky Post-It Notes
$1/each - Used (10) $1/1 coupons found HERE
Final Cost...FREE

(6) Johnson & Johnson First Aid Travel Kits
$0.97/each - Used (2) $3/3 coupons featured in select markets newspapers..I found them in the Milwaukee Journal coupons I received from my Mom :)
Final Cost...Money Maker of $0.18!!

(3) Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser (Travel Size)
$0.97/each - Used (3) $1/1 from 8/1 P&G Sunday Coupon Insert
Final Cost...Money Maker of $0.09!!

White 3 Ring Binder
$1.78 (Does this seem EXTREMELY expensive to anyone else? It was the cheapest 'white' binder I could find and YES the supply list specified must be 'white')

(12) Rayovac Coupons
$0.97/each - Used (4) $1/1 and (4) $1/2 that I've collected over the past month from several different Sunday Coupon Inserts
Final Cost...(4) at Money Maker of $0.12 and (8) at $0.47/each OR (12) at $0.30/each (adds up the same either way you look at it - my kids go through AA batteries like they're candy)

(10) Nexcare Bandages
$0.96/each - Used (10) $1/1 coupons found HERE
Final Cost...Money Maker of $0.40!!

I think we're set on bandages, post-it notes and batteries for awhile. I've got a tote to keep all these extra items I can't fit in my cupboards. But how can you pass up a FREE or Money Maker deal!?! I'm think I might start looking at buying a cute basket from the Dollar Store and make some 'Household Baskets' to use as Christmas gifts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment